Subordinated debt, market discipline, and banks' risk taking
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 26 (2002)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Greg Caldwell, 2005. "Subordinated Debt and Market Discipline in Canada," Working Papers 05-40, Bank of Canada.
- Stefan Arping, 2009. "The Pricing of Bank Debt Guarantees," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-057/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Iwatsubo, Kentaro, 2005.
"Bank Capital Shocks and Portfolio Risk: Evidence from Japan,"
CEI Working Paper Series
2004-24, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Iwatsubo, Kentaro, 2007. "Bank capital shocks and portfolio risk: Evidence from Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 166-186, March.
- Chen , Yehning & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2011.
"Subordinated debt, market discipline, and bank risk,"
Research Discussion Papers
20/2011, Bank of Finland.
- Yehning Chen & Iftekhar Hasan, 2011. "Subordinated Debt, Market Discipline, and Bank Risk," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(6), pages 1043-1072, 09.
- Viral V. Acharya & Yakov Amihud & Lubomir Litov, 2009.
"Creditor rights and corporate risk-taking,"
NBER Working Papers
15569, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arping, Stefan, 2010.
"The pricing of bank debt guarantees,"
Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 119-121, August.
- Landskroner, Yoram & Paroush, Jacob, 2008. "Bank management and market discipline," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 395-414.
- Haq, Mamiza & Faff, Robert & Seth, Rama & Mohanty, Sunil, 2014. "Disciplinary tools and bank risk exposure," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 37-64.
- Niu, Jijun, 2012. "An empirical analysis of the relation between bank charter value and risk taking," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 298-304.
- Nier, Erlend & Baumann, Ursel, 2006. "Market discipline, disclosure and moral hazard in banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 332-361, July.
- Bouaiss, Karima & Refait-Alexandre, Catherine & Alexandre, Hervé, 2010. "Will Bank Transparency really Help Financial Markets and Regulators?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4060, Paris Dauphine University.
- Niinimaki, J.-P., 2012. "Hidden loan losses, moral hazard and financial crises," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-14.
- Daher, Hassan & Masih, A.Mansur M. & Ibrahim, Mansor H., 2014. "Islamic Banks’ Capital Buffers: Unique Risk Exposures and the Disciplining Effects of Charter Values," MPRA Paper 56947, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kathleen McDill & Andrea M. Maechler, 2003. "Dynamic Depositor Discipline in U.S. Banks," IMF Working Papers 03/226, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.