At stake with implementation: trials of explicitness in the description of the state
AbstractStudies a number of aspects of the reform of public finance and public management in France (LOLF), with special attention to science and technology policy, using a pragmatist approach to the sociology of the state.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation (CSI), Mines ParisTech in its series CSI Working Papers Series with number 015.
Length: 40 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 60 boulevard Saint Michel, 75272 Paris cedex 06
Phone: + 184.108.40.206.92.88
Fax: + 220.127.116.11.56.28
Web page: http://www.csi.mines-paristech.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Science and technology studies; science and technology policy; political sociology; government; France; LOLF; performance; New Public Management; statistics;
Other versions of this item:
- Fabian Muniesa & Dominique Linhardt, 2009. "At stake with implementation: trials of explicitness in the description of the state," Post-Print halshs-00362285, HAL.
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E65 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Studies of Particular Policy Episodes
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- H61 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Budget; Budget Systems
- H83 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Public Administration
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- M48 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2009-02-28 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2009-02-28 (Public Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emiliano Grossman & Fabian Muniesa & Emilio Luque, 2006.
"Economies through transparency,"
- Christopher Hood, 2007. "Public Service Management by Numbers: Why Does it Vary? Where Has it Come From? What Are the Gaps and the Puzzles?," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 27(2), pages 95-102, 04.
- Godin, Benoit, 2007. "Science, accounting and statistics: The input-output framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1388-1403, November.
- Godin, Benoit, 2004. "The obsession for competitiveness and its impact on statistics: the construction of high-technology indicators," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1217-1229, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florence Paterson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.