The obsession for competitiveness and its impact on statistics: the construction of high-technology indicators
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 33 (2004)
Issue (Month): 8 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Godin, Benoit, 2004. "The New Economy: what the concept owes to the OECD," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 679-690, July.
- Thomas Hatzichronoglou, 1996. "Globalisation and Competitiveness: Relevant Indicators," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 1996/5, OECD Publishing.
- William H. Branson & Helen B. Junz, 1971. "Trends in U.S. Trade and Comparative Advantage," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 2(2), pages 285-346.
- Gellatly, Guy & Baldwin, John R., 1998. "Are There High-tech Industries or Only High-tech Firms? Evidence from New Technology-based Firms," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1998120e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 355-74, June.
- Felsenstein, Daniel & Bar-El, Raphael, 1989. "Measuring the technological intensity of the industrial sector: A methodological and empirical approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 239-252, August.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1994. "Technology and International Differences in Growth Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1147-75, September.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- Soete, Luc, 1987. "The impact of technological innovation on international trade patterns: The evidence reconsidered," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 16(2-4), pages 101-130, August.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness: Errata," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1203, December.
- Grupp, Hariolf, 1995. "Science, High Technology and the Competitiveness of EU Countries," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 209-23, February.
- Robert H Mcguckin & Thomas A Abbott Iii & Paul E Herrick & Leroy Norfolk, 1989. "Measuring The Trade Balance In Advanced Technology Products," Working Papers 89-1, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Palda, Kristian S., 1986. "Technological intensity: Concept and measurement," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 187-198, August.
- Lowinger, Thomas C, 1975. "The Technology Factor and the Export Performance of U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(2), pages 221-36, June.
- George Papaconstantinou & Norihisa Sakurai & Andrew Wyckoff, 1996. "Embodied Technology Diffusion: An Empirical Analysis for 10 OECD Countries," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 1996/1, OECD Publishing.
- Dina Cunha & Sandra T. Silva & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2013. "Are Academic Spin-Offs necessarily New Technology-Based firms?," FEP Working Papers 482, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Andrew Sharpe & Olivier Guibaud, 2005. "Indicators of Innovation in Canadian Natural Resource Industries," CSLS Research Reports, Centre for the Study of Living Standards 2005-03, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Godin, Benoit, 2007. "Science, accounting and statistics: The input-output framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1388-1403, November.
- Franz TÃ¶dtling & Michaela Trippl & Lukas Lengauer, 2008. "Towards Regional Knowledge Economies: Routes and Policy Options," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2008_05, Institute for the Environment and Regional Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Fabian Muniesa & Dominique Linhardt, 2009.
"At stake with implementation: trials of explicitness in the description of the state,"
CSI Working Papers Series
015, Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation (CSI), Mines ParisTech.
- Fabian Muniesa & Dominique Linhardt, 2009. "At stake with implementation: trials of explicitness in the description of the state," Post-Print halshs-00362285, HAL.
- Ewa Balcerowicz & Marek Peczkowski & Anna Wziatek-Kubiak, 2009. "The Innovation Patterns of Firms in Low and High Technology Manufacturing Sectors in the New Member States," CASE Network Studies and Analyses, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research 0390, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Anu Kantola & Hannele Seeck, 2011. "Dissemination of management into politics: Michael Porter and the political uses of management consulting," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library 49805, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Heidenreich, Martin, 2009. "Innovation patterns and location of European low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 483-494, April.
- Havas, Attila, 2010. "Diversity in firms’ innovation strategies and activities: Main findings of interviews and implications in the context of the Hungarian national," MPRA Paper 55852, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.