Modelling the Global Diffusion of Energy Efficiency and Low Carbon Technology
AbstractThe aim of this study is to measure and understand the long-term factors behind trends in energy and carbon intensity in different economies. It also looks at how improvements in energy efficiency are spread to countries around the world. Of particular interest is the rate at which efficiency improvements spread from developed to developing countries and what affects this diffusion. Countries that are considered are Australia, major European economies, USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, China, and India. Key Words: Energy efficiency, carbon emissions, environmental Kuznets curve, economic growth
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Environmental Economics Research Hub, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University in its series Environmental Economics Research Hub Research Reports with number 0920.
Date of creation: Feb 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Crawford Building, Lennox Crossing, Building #132, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: +61 2 6125 4705
Fax: +61 2 6125 5448
Web page: https://crawford.anu.edu.au/research_units/eerh/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Stern, David I., 2009. "Modelling the Global Diffusion of Energy Efficiency and Low Carbon Technology," Research Reports 94820, Australian National University, Environmental Economics Research Hub.
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- Q55 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Technological Innovation
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-09-26 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2009-09-26 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2009-09-26 (Environmental Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joakim Westerlund & Syed Basher, 2008.
"Testing for Convergence in Carbon Dioxide Emissions Using a Century of Panel Data,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 40(1), pages 109-120, May.
- Westerlund, Joakim & Basher, Syed A., 2007. "Testing for Convergence in Carbon Dioxide Emissions Using a Century of Panel Data," MPRA Paper 3262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chuku, Agbai, 2011. "Economic development and environmental quality in Nigeria: is there an environmental Kuznets curve?," MPRA Paper 30195, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Crawford Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.