Company strategy: Business model reconfiguration for innovation and internationalization
AbstractThe competitiveness of a country is the result of the competitiveness of its firms. The competitiveness of firms is partly determined by how their business models interact with the environment to produce offerings with added value. This chapter contributes to the reflection on Catalonia's competitiveness by using the business model concept to highlight the need to adapt business models to new realities in the Catalan environment. Catalan firms have made little effort to reconfigure their business models after being affected by important external shocks. We derive recommendations by presenting and analyzing examples of companies that have innovated in their business models. Business models sit at the core of competitiveness and should be the focus of managers willing to create efficient firms that foster sustained wealth in Catalonia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by IESE Business School in its series IESE Research Papers with number D/807.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 17 Jul 2009
Date of revision:
Strategy; Business; Innovation; Internationalization; competitiveness; Firms;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2009-11-14 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2009-11-14 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-SBM-2009-11-14 (Small Business Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adam M. Brandenburger & Harborne W. Stuart, 1996. "Value-based Business Strategy," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 5-24, 03.
- Ramon Casadesus-Masanell & David B. Yoffie, 2007. "Wintel: Cooperation and Conflict," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(4), pages 584-598, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Silvia Jimenez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.