From inside the firm to the growth process
AbstractThis paper argues that the internal organization of the firm and the growth process interact strongly to determine simultaneously the power of incentives within the firm and the growth rate of the economy. We show how agents within the firm can invest either by using their own human capital or by relying on some form of reputational capital to secure implicit relationships within the firm and we discuss how these investments affect the growth rate of the economy.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure) in its series DELTA Working Papers with number 2003-30.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2003.
"Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(2-3), pages 630-638, 04/05.
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2002. "Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier," NBER Working Papers 9191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio & Aghion, Philippe, 2003. "Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier," Scholarly Articles 4481512, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Aghion, Philippe & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2002. "Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier," CEPR Discussion Papers 3565, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patrick Francois & Joanne Roberts, 2003. "Relationships, Commitment, and Labor Productivity Growth," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(2-3), pages 612-620, 04/05.
- Sandra Tavares Silva & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2006. "An evolutionary model of firms' institutional behavior focusing on labor decisions," FEP Working Papers 227, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.