Bid Rents under Unemployment Risk : Delayed versus Timeless Uncertainty
AbstractIn this paper, we analyze the impact of uncertainty on the level and properties of the bid rent function. We show that these properties strongly depend upon the way in which uncertainty is introduced into the model (delayed versus timeless uncertainty). We also investigate the implication of income uncertainty for the city equilibrium.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 1995055.
Date of creation: 01 Oct 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Zenou, Yves & Eeckhoudt, Louis, 1997. "Bid Rents under Unemployment Risk: Delayed versus Timeless Uncertainty," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 42-63, July.
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ioannides, Yannis M., 1983. "Location decisions under uncertainty and the urban model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 291-295.
- Papageorgiou, Yorgos Y. & Pines, David, 1985. "The impact of transportation cost uncertainty on urban structure," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 247-260, May.
- ZENOU, Yves & SMITH, Tony E., 1994.
"Efficiency Wages, Involuntary Unemployment and Urban Spatial Structure,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1994076, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Zenou, Yves & Smith, Tony E., 1995. "Efficiency wages, involuntary unemployment and urban spatial structure," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 547-573, August.
- DeSalvo, Joseph S. & Eeckhoudt, Louis R., 1982. "Household behavior under income uncertainty in a monocentric urban area," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 98-111, January.
- Dreze, Jacques H. & Modigliani, Franco, 1972. "Consumption decisions under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 308-335, December.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1971. "On the Theory of the Competitive Firm under Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 65-73, March.
- Wheaton, William C., 1974. "A comparative static analysis of urban spatial structure," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 223-237, October.
- Zenou, Yves, 2003.
"Efficiency Wages, Urban Unemployment and Housing Consumption,"
Working Paper Series
606, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Zenou, Yves, 2003. "Efficiency Wages, Urban Unemployment and Housing Consumption," CEPR Discussion Papers 4153, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.