Finding Optimal Measures of Core Inflation in the Kyrgyz Republic
AbstractThe ideal measure of inflation should reflect long-run price movements driven by actual demand in the economy and exclude short-term supply shocks. Considering that the CPI does not correspond to such a measure, the purpose of this research is to analyze alternative methods of core (or underlying) inflation and to choose a method suitable for measuring core inflation in the Kyrgyz Republic. The results can be useful for proper monetary policy reaction to inflationary shifts in the Kyrgyz Republic.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague in its series CERGE-EI Working Papers with number wp261.
Date of creation: May 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 882, Politickych veznu 7, 111 21 Praha 1
Phone: (+420) 224 005 123
Fax: (+420) 224 005 333
Web page: http://www.cerge-ei.cz
More information through EDIRC
Kyrgyz Republic; inflation; core inflation; monetary policy; smoothing; optimality criteria.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-06-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2005-06-14 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-MAC-2005-06-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2005-06-14 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2005-06-14 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael F. Bryan & Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1993.
"Measuring Core Inflation,"
NBER Working Papers
4303, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael F. Bryan & Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1994. "Measuring Core Inflation," NBER Chapters, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, in: Monetary Policy, pages 195-219 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arrazola, Maria & de Hevia, Jose, 2002. "An alternative measure of core inflation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 69-73, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jana Koudelkova).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.