A Simple Proof Of Foster’S (1983) Characterization Of The Theil Measure Of Inequality
AbstractWe provide a simple proof of Foster's (1983) characterization of the Theil inequality index.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 1304.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Theil index; axiomatic characterization; income inequality;
Other versions of this item:
- Lasso de la Vega, Casilda & Volij, Oscar, 2013. "A simple proof of Foster's (1983) characterization of the Theil measure of inequality," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 940-943.
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Foster, James E., 1983. "An axiomatic characterization of the Theil measure of income inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 105-121, October.
- Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Ana Urrutia & Oscar Volij, 2011. "An Axiomatic Characterization Of The Theil Inequality Order," Working Papers 1103, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Ana Urrutia & Oscar Volij, 2013. "An axiomatic characterization of the Theil inequality ordering," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 757-776, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aamer Abu-Qarn).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.