The Mezzogiorno and regional policies
AbstractThe book brings together a series of research papers presented at the conference on "The Mezzogiorno and regional policies", held in Perugia on 26-27 February 2009. The analyses refer to various aspects of the regional economies: wages, bargaining and prices; environmental diseconomies; public capital and competitiveness; disparities in European regions and other countries' experiences; households' financial choices and the difficulties firms face in the South of Italy; and regional policies and federalism. Together with other research, some of the analyses contained in the book provided basic material for the conference on "The Mezzogiorno and economic policy in Italy" (Rome, 26 November 2009).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area in its series Workshop and Conferences with number 2.
Date of creation: Nov 2009
Date of revision:
Mezzogiorno; regional policies; cohesion;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R0 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General
- R5 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven N. Durlauf & Marcel Fafchamps, 2004.
CSAE Working Paper Series
2004-14, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Steven N. Durlauf, 2004. "Social Capital," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2004-14, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Durlauf,S.N. & Fafchamps,M., 2004. "Social capital," Working papers 12, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Steven Durlauf & Marcel Fafchamps, 2004. "Social Capital," Development and Comp Systems 0409060, EconWPA.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Marcel Fafchamps, 2004. "Social Capital," NBER Working Papers 10485, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2007.
"Social Capital as Good Culture,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2007/57, European University Institute.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2007. "Social Capital as Good Culture," NBER Working Papers 13712, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2008. "Social Capital as Good Culture," CEPR Discussion Papers 6657, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- R. Paci & F. Pigliaru, 1998. "Growth and sectoral dynamics in the Italian regions," Working Paper CRENoS 199803, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- John F. Helliwell & Robert D. Putnam, 1999.
"Education and Social Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
7121, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Temple, Jonathan, 2001. "Structural Change and Europe's Golden Age," CEPR Discussion Papers 2861, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2008. "Alfred Marshall Lecture Social Capital as Good Culture," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 295-320, 04-05.
- Marcel Fafchamps, 2004. "Social Capital and Development," Economics Series Working Papers 214, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.