An axiomatization of the nucleolus of the assignment game
AbstractOn the domain of two-sided assignment markets, the nucleolus is axiomatized as the unique solution that satisfies derived consistency (Owen, 1992) and complaint mono- tonicity on sectors size. As a consequence, we obtain a geometric characterization of the nucleolus by means of a strong form of the bisection property that characterizes the inter- section between the core and the kernel of a coalitional game in Maschler et al (1979).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia in its series Working Papers in Economics with number 286.
Length: 0 pages
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2012-12-10 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-GTH-2012-12-10 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2012-12-10 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2012-12-10 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maike Hoffmann & Peter Sudhölter, 2007. "The Shapley value of exact assignment games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 557-568, April.
- Sasaki, Hiroo, 1995. "Consistency and Monotonicity in Assignment Problems," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 373-97.
- Solymosi, Tamas & Raghavan, Tirukkannamangai E S, 1994. "An Algorithm for Finding the Nucleolus of Asignment Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 119-43.
- Guillermo OWEN, 1992. "The Assignment Game : The Reduced Game," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 25-26, pages 71-79.
- Toda, Manabu, 2005. "Axiomatization of the core of assignment games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 248-261, November.
- Francesc Llerena & Marina Nunez, 2011.
"A geometric characterization of the nucleolus of the assignment game,"
AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages 3275-3285.
- Francesc Llerena & Marina Nunez & Carles Rafels, 2011. "A geometric chracterization of the nucleolus of the assignment game," Working Papers in Economics 260, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Peleg, B, 1986. "On the Reduced Game Property and Its Converse," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 187-200.
- Rochford, Sharon C., 1984. "Symmetrically pairwise-bargained allocations in an assignment market," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 262-281, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.