Corrigendum to ''On Randomized Matching Mechanisms'' [Economic Theory 8(1996)377-381]
AbstractMa (1996) studied the random order mechanism, a matching mechanism suggested by Roth and Vande Vate (1990) for marriage markets. By means of an example he showed that the random order mechanism does not always reach all stable matchings. Although Ma's (1996) result is true, we show that the probability distribution he presented - and therefore the proof of his Claim 2 - is not correct. The mistake in the calculations by Ma (1996) is due to the fact that even though the example looks very symmetric, some of the calculations are not as ''symmetric.''
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC) in its series UFAE and IAE Working Papers with number 628.04.
Date of creation: 27 Oct 2004
Date of revision: 31 Jan 2006
Other versions of this item:
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn, 2007. "Corrigendum to “On randomized matching mechanisms” [Economic Theory 8(1996)377–381]," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 411-416, August.
- Klaus, Bettina & Klijn, Flip, 2007. "Corrigendum to “On randomized matching mechanisms" [Economic Theory 8(1996)377–381]," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-20027, Maastricht University.
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jinpeng Ma, 1996.
"On randomized matching mechanisms (*),"
Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 377-381.
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn, 2003.
"Procedurally Fair and Stable Matching,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
582.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn, 2003. "Procedurally Fair and Stable Matching," Working Papers 36, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Klaus, Bettina & Klijn, Flip, 2006. "Procedurally fair and stable matching," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-20031, Maastricht University.
- Roth, Alvin E & Vande Vate, John H, 1990. "Random Paths to Stability in Two-Sided Matching," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1475-80, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.