The Evolution of Roommate Networks: A Comment on Jackson and Watts JET (2002)
AbstractWe extend Jackson and Watts's (2002) result on the coincidence of S-stochastically stable and core stable networks from marriage problems to roommate problems. In particular, we show that the existence of a side-optimal core stable network, on which the proof of Jackson and Watts (2002, Theorem 2) hinges, is not crucial for their result.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Barcelona Graduate School of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 296.
Date of creation: Apr 2007
Date of revision:
Core; networks; roommate problems; stochastic stability;
Other versions of this item:
- Bettina Klaus & Flip Klijn & Markus Walzl, 2007. "The Evolution of Roommate Networks: A Comment on Jackson and Watts JET (2002)," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 694.07, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Klaus, Bettina & Klijn, Flip & Walzl, Markus, 2007. "The Evolution of Roommate Networks: A Comment on Jackson and Watts JET (2002)," Research Memoranda 012, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jackson, Matthew O., 1998.
"The Evolution of Social and Economic Networks,"
1044, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Chung, Kim-Sau, 2000. "On the Existence of Stable Roommate Matchings," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 206-230, November.
- Roth, Alvin E. & Sotomayor, Marilda, 1992.
Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,
in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 485-541
- Effrosyni Diamantoudi & Eiichi Miyagawa & Licun Xue, 2002.
"Random paths to stability in the roommate problem,"
0102-65, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Roth, Alvin E & Vande Vate, John H, 1990. "Random Paths to Stability in Two-Sided Matching," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1475-80, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.