On parameter estimation for critical affine processes
AbstractFirst we provide a simple set of sufficient conditions for the weak convergence of scaled affine processes with state space $R_+ \times R^d$. We specialize our result to one-dimensional continuous state branching processes with immigration. As an application, we study the asymptotic behavior of least squares estimators of some parameters of a two-dimensional critical affine diffusion process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1210.1866.
Date of creation: Oct 2012
Date of revision: Mar 2013
Publication status: Published in Electronic Journal of Statistics, Vol. 7 (2013) 647-696
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521496032 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leif Andersen & Vladimir Piterbarg, 2007. "Moment explosions in stochastic volatility models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 29-50, January.
- Overbeck, Ludger & RydÃ©n, Tobias, 1997. "Estimation in the Cox-Ingersoll-Ross Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 430-461, June.
- Huang, Jianhui & Ma, Chunhua & Zhu, Cai, 2011. "Estimation for discretely observed continuous state branching processes with immigration," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 81(8), pages 1104-1111, August.
- Hui Chen & Scott Joslin, 2011.
"Generalized Transform Analysis of Affine Processes and Applications in Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
16906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hui Chen & Scott Joslin, 2012. "Generalized Transform Analysis of Affine Processes and Applications in Finance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(7), pages 2225-2256.
- Xu, Wei, 2014. "Parameter estimation in two-type continuous-state branching processes with immigration," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 124-134.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.