Finance Without Probabilistic Prior Assumptions
AbstractWe develop the fundamental theorem of asset pricing in a probability-free infinite-dimensional setup. We replace the usual assumption of a prior probability by a certain continuity property in the state variable. Probabilities enter then endogenously as full support martingale measures (instead of equivalent martingale measures). A variant of the Harrison-Kreps-Theorem on viability and no arbitrage is shown. Finally, we show how to embed the superhedging problem in a classical infinite-dimensional linear programming problem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1107.1078.
Date of creation: Jul 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Other versions of this item:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- D53 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Financial Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-13 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Larry Epstein & Shaolin Ji, 2011. "Ambiguous Volatility, Possibility and Utility in Continuous Time," Papers 1103.1652, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2013.
- Bick, Avi & Willinger, Walter, 1994. "Dynamic spanning without probabilities," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 349-374, April.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Marcel Nutz, 2013. "Superreplication under Model Uncertainty in Discrete Time," Papers 1301.3227, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2014.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.