Determining Socially Optimal Nitrogen Application Rates Using A Delayed Response Model: The Case Of Irrigated Corn In Western Kansas
AbstractA delayed response model was used to examine the optimal nitrogen application for irrigated corn in western Kansas. Results show that taking into account the effect of leached nitrate on groundwater pollution reduces the profit-based nitrogen recommendation by 12.5% with a consequent reduction of the static profit of 6.7%.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Western Agricultural Economics Association in its series 1999 Annual Meeting, July 11-14, 1999, Fargo, ND with number 35737.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Featherstone, Allen M., 2000. "Determining Socially Optimal Nitrogen Application Rates Using A Delayed Response Model: The Case Of Irrigated Corn In Western Kansas," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(02), December.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Conrad, Jon M. & Olson, Lars J., 1990.
"The Economics Of A Stock Pollutant: Aldicarb On Long Island,"
6328, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Jon Conrad & Lars Olson, 1992. "The economics of a stock pollutant: Aldicarb on Long Island," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(3), pages 245-258, May.
- Llewelyn, Richard V. & Featherstone, Allen M., 1997. "A comparison of crop production functions using simulated data for irrigated corn in western Kansas," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 521-538, August.
- Baerenklau, Kenneth A. & Nergis, Nermin & Schwabe, Kurt A., 2007. "Effects of Nutrient Restrictions on Confined Animal Facilities: Insights from a Structural Model," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 10253, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Schwabe, Kurt A. & Knapp, Keith C., 2005. "Nitrogen as a Capital Input and Stock Pollutant: A Dynamic Analysis of Corn Production and Nitrogen Leaching under Non-Uniform Irrigation," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19466, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Baerenklau, Kenneth A. & Nergis, Nermin, 2006. "Controlling Dairy Nitrogen Emissions: A Dynamic Analysis of Herd Adjustment, Ground Water Discharges, and Air Emissions," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21448, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.