Linear Response Stochastic Plateau Functions
AbstractA method of estimating a linear response stochastic plateau function is developed and used to determine optimal levels of nitrogen fertilization for wheat. Under the stochastic plateau model, optimizing behavior implies different nitrogen levels than the linear plateau model, depending on the output/input price ratio relative to a threshold level.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama with number 35217.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Babcock, Bruce A., 1992. "Effects of Uncertainty on Optimal Nitrogen Applications (The)," Staff General Research Papers 10588, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Breidt, F. Jay, 1999.
"Optimal Information Acquisition Under A Geostatistical Model,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Breidt, F. J., 1999. "Optimal Information Acquisition Under a Geostatistical Model," Staff General Research Papers 1517, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gregory R. Pautsch & Bruce A. Babcock & F. Jay Breidt, 1999. "Optimal Information Acquisition under a Geostatistical Model," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp217, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Robert G. Chambers & Erik Lichtenberg, 1996. "A Nonparametric Approach to the von Liebig-Paris Technology," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 373-386.
- Llewelyn, Richard V. & Featherstone, Allen M., 1997. "A comparison of crop production functions using simulated data for irrigated corn in western Kansas," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 521-538, August.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, January.
- Roberts, David C. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Raun, William R. & Solie, John B., 2008. "The Value of Regional Annual Nitrogen Needs Information for Wheat Producers in Oklahoma," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6734, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Brorsen, B. Wade, 2013. "Using Bayesian Estimation and Decision Theory to Determine the Optimal Level of Nitrogen in Cotton," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142951, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.