Food Expenditures in Rural Households in the Northern Region of Ghana
AbstractThe objective of the paper is to identify farmer and farm characteristics that determine the food expenditure in rural households in the Northern Region of Ghana. The results indicate income, implicit wealth, age, family structure, cultivation staple or cash crop, and buying dry goods in bulks are the major determinants.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama with number 119716.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Northern Ghana; Farm characteristics; Food expenditure; Consumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sean Field & Oliver Masakure & Spencer Henson, 2010. "Rethinking localization--a low-income country perspective: the case of Asian vegetables in Ghana," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 3(2), pages 261-277.
- Al-Hassan, Ramatu M. & Diao, Xinshen, 2007.
"Regional disparities in Ghana: Policy options and public investment implications,"
GSSP working papers
2, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Al-Hassan, Ramatu M. & Diao, Xinshen, 2007. "Regional disparities in Ghana: Policy options and public investment implications," IFPRI discussion papers 693, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Han, Tong & Wahl, Thomas I., 1998. "China'S Rural Household Demand For Fruit And Vegetables," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), July.
- Pitt, Mark M & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1985. "Health and Nutrient Consumption across and within Farm Households," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(2), pages 212-23, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.