Towards a Model for Analyzing the Impact of Macroeconomic Adjustment Policies on Households: A Review
AbstractThis paper has two objectives: determination and assessment how the existing empirical household models capture the effects of changes in macroeconomic variables on the welfare of the Filipino household and identification of research gaps in the literature. For some of the Philippine models to better capture the effects of macroeconomic adjustments, this paper suggests ways of model modification.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Philippine Institute for Development Studies in its series Discussion Papers with number DP 1994-05.
Date of creation: 1994
Date of revision:
health sector; computable general equilibrium (CGE); MIMAP; adjustment policies; intertemporal decisions; health and nutrition; education; intrahousehold allocation;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pollak, Robert A & Wachter, Michael L, 1975. "The Relevance of the Household Production Function and Its Implications for the Allocation of Time," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(2), pages 255-77, April.
- Duncan Thomas, 1990.
"Intra-Household Resource Allocation: An Inferential Approach,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 635-664.
- Thomas, D., 1989. "Intra-Household Resource Allocation: An Inferential Approach," Papers, Yale - Economic Growth Center 586, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Haddad, L. & Bouis, H.E., 1989.
"The Impact of Nutritional Status on Agricultural Productivity: Wage Evidence from the Philippines,"
Papers, Warwick - Development Economics Research Centre
97, Warwick - Development Economics Research Centre.
- Haddad, Lawrence J & Bouis, Howarth E, 1991. "The Impact of Nutritional Status on Agricultural Productivity: Wage Evidence from the Philippines," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 53(1), pages 45-68, February.
- Bouis, Howarth E. & Haddad, Lawrence James, 1990. "Effects of agricultural commercialization on land tenure, household resource allocation, and nutrition in the Philippines:," Research reports, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) 79, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pitt, Mark M & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1985. "Health and Nutrient Consumption across and within Farm Households," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(2), pages 212-23, May.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Lapar, Maria Lucila A., 1991. "Micro Impacts of Macroeconomic Adjustment Policies (MIMAP): A Framework Paper and review of Literature," Working Papers, Philippine Institute for Development Studies WP 1991-02, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Barrera, Albino, 1990. "The role of maternal schooling and its interaction with public health programs in child health production," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 69-91, January.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Llanto, Gilberto M., 1992. "Micro Impacts of Macroeconomic Adjustment Policies (MIMAP): Phase II (Integrative Report)," Working Papers, Philippine Institute for Development Studies WP 1992-13, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.