Smallholder Farmers and Collective Action: What Determines the Intensity of Participation?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland with number 114354.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wiggins, Steve & Kirsten, Johann & Llambí, Luis, 2010. "The Future of Small Farms," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1341-1348, October.
- Bingen, Jim & Serrano, Alex & Howard, Julie, 2003. "Linking farmers to markets: different approaches to human capital development," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 405-419, August.
- Eliana La Ferrara, 2000.
"Inequality and Group Participation: Theory and Evidence from Rural Tanzania,"
Development Working Papers
138, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- La Ferrara, Eliana, 2002. "Inequality and group participation: theory and evidence from rural Tanzania," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 235-273, August.
- La Ferrara, Eliana, 2000. "Inequality And Group Participation: Theory And Evidence From Rural Tanzania," CEPR Discussion Papers 2433, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eliana La Ferrara, . "Inequality and Group Participation: Theory and Evidence from Rural Tanzania," Working Papers 161, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Hazell, Peter & Poulton, Colin & Wiggins, Steve & Dorward, Andrew, 2010. "The Future of Small Farms: Trajectories and Policy Priorities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1349-1361, October.
- Fulton, Joan R. & Adamowicz, Wiktor L., 1993. "Factors That Influence the Commitment of Members to Their Cooperative Organization," Journal of Agricultural Cooperation, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, vol. 8.
- Marcel Fafchamps, 2004. "Market Institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa: Theory and Evidence," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262062364, December.
- Narrod, Clare & Roy, Devesh & Okello, Julius & Avendaño, Belem & Rich, Karl & Thorat, Amit, 2009. "Public-private partnerships and collective action in high value fruit and vegetable supply chains," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 8-15, February.
- Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B. & Berdegué, Julio A. & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2009. "Agrifood Industry Transformation and Small Farmers in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1717-1727, November.
- Markelova, Helen & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Hellin, Jon & Dohrn, Stephan, 2009. "Collective action for smallholder market access," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-7, February.
- Emily Ouma & John Jagwe & Gideon Aiko Obare & Steffen Abele, 2010. "Determinants of smallholder farmers' participation in banana markets in Central Africa: the role of transaction costs," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 111-122, 03.
- Key, Nigel & Runsten, David, 1999. "Contract Farming, Smallholders, and Rural Development in Latin America: The Organization of Agroprocessing Firms and the Scale of Outgrower Production," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 381-401, February.
- Valentinov, Vladislav, 2007. "Why are cooperatives important in agriculture? An organizational economics perspective," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 55-69, April.
- Meike Wollni & Manfred Zeller, 2007. "Do farmers benefit from participating in specialty markets and cooperatives? The case of coffee marketing in Costa Rica-super-1," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(2-3), pages 243-248, 09.
- Wollni, Meike & Fischer, Elisabeth, 2012. "Commitment in Collective Marketing Relationships: Evidence from Coffee Cooperatives in Costa Rica," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126884, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.