Key Determinants of Land Rentals in Poland
AbstractBasing on a sample of Polish rural households present paper analyses how different households' and country-specific characteristics affect farmers' decision about renting additional parcel in. An attempt is made to see if local rental markets still have potential that could be further exploited. Obtained results indicate that despite facing various difficulties rental markets succeed in transferring land to farmers with higher skills and better relative inputs' endowments. Nevertheless their scope is highly limited illustrating that there is a need for adequate measures to be undertaken.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark with number 24511.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
land markets; land rentals; equity and efficiency of land distribution; Land Economics/Use; Q15;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1993.
"Power, distortions, revolt, and reform in agricultural land relations,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1164, The World Bank.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1995. "Power, distortions, revolt and reform in agricultural land relations," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2659-2772 Elsevier.
- Johan F. M. Swinnen, 1999. "The political economy of land reform choices in Central and Eastern Europe," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(3), pages 637-664, November.
- Emmanuel Skoufias, 1995. "Household Resources, Transaction Costs, and Adjustment through Land Tenancy," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(1), pages 42-56.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1986. "Access to Capital and Agrarian Production Organisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 482-98, June.
- Vranken, Liesbet & Swinnen, Jo, 2003. "Land markets and household farms in transition: Theory and evidence from Hungary," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/121550, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Yang Yao, 2000. "The Development of the Land Lease Market in Rural China," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(2), pages 252-266.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2008.
"Credit Market Imperfections And The Distribution Of Policy Rents: The Common Agricultural Policy In The New Eu Member States,"
107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain
6591, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Pavel Ciaian & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2007. "Credit Market Imperfections and the Distribution of Policy Rents: The Common Agricultural Policy in the New EU Member States," LICOS Discussion Papers 18307, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.