Can unobserved heterogeneity in farmer ability explain the inverse relationship between farm size and productivity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 80 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1992.
"Wealth, weather risk, and the composition and profitability of agricultural investments,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1055, The World Bank.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Binswanger, Hans P, 1993. "Wealth, Weather Risk and the Composition and Profitability of Agricultural Investments," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(416), pages 56-78, January.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1989. "Wealth, Weather Risk and the Composition and Profitability of Agricultural Investments," Bulletins 7455, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Feder, Gershon, 1985. "The relation between farm size and farm productivity : The role of family labor, supervision and credit constraints," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 297-313, August.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1986. "Access to Capital and Agrarian Production Organisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 482-98, June.
- James Roumasset, 2010.
"Wither The Economics of Agricultural Development?,"
2010-03, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Matchaya, Greenwell C., 2007. "Does size of operated area matter? Evidence from Malawi's agricultural production," MPRA Paper 11948, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kilic, Talip & Zezza, Alberto & Carletto, Calogero & Savastano, Sara, 2013. "Missing(ness) in action : selectivity bias in GPS-based land area measurements," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6490, The World Bank.
- Carletto, Calogero & Savastano, Sara & Zezza, Alberto, 2011.
"Fact or artefact : the impact of measurement errors on the farm size - productivity relationship,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5908, The World Bank.
- Carletto, Calogero & Savastano, Sara & Zezza, Alberto, 2013. "Fact or artifact: The impact of measurement errors on the farm size–productivity relationship," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 254-261.
- Assunção, Juliano Junqueira & Moreira, Humberto Ataíde, 2004.
"Land taxes in a Latin American context,"
Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
526, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Albuquerque Sant'Anna, André, 2012. "Land inequality and deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon," MPRA Paper 43793, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2012.
- Verschelde, Marijn & D'Haese, Marijke F.C. & Vandamme, Ellen & Rayp, Glenn, 2011.
"Challenging Small-scale Farming, A Non-parametric Analysis of the (Inverse) Relationship Between Farm Productivity and Farm Size in Burundi,"
2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland
115550, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- M. Verschelde & M. D’Haese & G. Rayp & E. Vandamme, 2011. "Challenging small-scale farming, a non-parametric analysis of the (inverse) relationship between farm productivity and farm size in Burundi," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/745, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Kimhi, Ayal, 2003. "Plot Size And Maize Productivity In Zambia: The Inverse Relationship Re-Examined," Discussion Papers 14980, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Maria Bruna Zolin & Marco Braggion, 2013. "Food and Energy (In)security: Evidence from Agricultural Investments in Selected Emerging Economies," Working Papers 2013:25, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Lipton, Michael, 2010. "From Policy Aims and Small-farm Characteristics to Farm Science Needs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1399-1412, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.