Price Founded Tests For Market Integration: Fish Markets In France
AbstractThis paper discuss the relationship between traditional parametric tests for market integration such as causuality tests and tests of the Law of One Price and cointegration tests for market integration. We show that cointegration tests are a natural extension of the traditional methods taking into account that prices are nonstationary, and not an alternative approach. By using the Johansen test, one can both test for causality and provided that prices are cointegrated, for the Law of One Price. An empirical analysis is provided for the whitefish market in France.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT with number 20904.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Industrial Organization; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Doane, Michael J & Spulber, Daniel F, 1994. "Open Access and the Evolution of the U.S. Spot Market for Natural Gas," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 477-517, October.
- Kjell G. Salvanes, 1997. "Market Delineation and Demand Structure," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 139-150.
- Bose, Shekar & McIlgorm, Alistair, 1996. "Substitutability Among Species In The Japanese Tuna Market: A Cointegration Analysis," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 11(3).
- Gordon, Daniel V. & Salvanes, Kjell Gunnar & Atkins, Frank, 1993. "A Fish Is a Fish Is a Fish? Testing for Market Linkages on the Paris Fish Market," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 8(4).
- Goodwin, Barry K. & Grennes, Thomas & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 1990. "Testing the law of one price when trade takes time," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 21-40, March.
- Gordon, Daniel V. & Hannesson, Rognvaldur, 1996. "On Prices Of Fresh And Frozen Cod Fish In European And U.S. Markets," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 11(4).
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Anders, Q. Nyrud, 2002. "Integration in the Norwegian pulpwood market: domestic prices versus external trade," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 213-225.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.