Perceptions and Participation: Mistaken Beliefs, Encouragement Designs, and Demand for Index Insurance
AbstractReplaced with revised version of paper 07/20/10.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its series 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado with number 61002.
Date of creation: Apr 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
International Development; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joshua D. Angrist & Guido W. Imbens, 1995.
"Identification and Estimation of Local Average Treatment Effects,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0118, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Imbens, Guido W & Angrist, Joshua D, 1994. "Identification and Estimation of Local Average Treatment Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 467-75, March.
- Stefan Dercon, 2003.
"Growth and Shocks: evidence from rural Ethiopia,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2003-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Garcia, Philip & Adam, Brian D. & Hauser, Robert J., 1994. "The Use Of Mean-Variance For Commodity Futures And Options Hedging Decisions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Galarza, Francisco, 2009. "Risk, Credit, and Insurance in Peru: Field Experimental Evidence," MPRA Paper 17833, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-30, June.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1989.
"Wealth, Weather Risk and the Composition and Profitability of Agricultural Investments,"
7455, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Binswanger, Hans P, 1993. "Wealth, Weather Risk and the Composition and Profitability of Agricultural Investments," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(416), pages 56-78, January.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1992. "Wealth, weather risk, and the composition and profitability of agricultural investments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1055, The World Bank.
- Carl H. Nelson, 2004. "Toward exploring the location-scale condition: a constant relative risk aversion location-scale objective function," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(3), pages 273-287, September.
- James J. Heckman & Vytlacil, Edward J., 2007. "Econometric Evaluation of Social Programs, Part II: Using the Marginal Treatment Effect to Organize Alternative Econometric Estimators to Evaluate Social Programs, and to Forecast their Effects in New," Handbook of Econometrics, in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 71 Elsevier.
- Kroll, Yoram & Levy, Haim & Markowitz, Harry M, 1984. " Mean-Variance versus Direct Utility Maximization," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 47-61, March.
- Robert G. Chambers & John Quiggin, 2002. "Optimal Producer Behavior in the Presence of Area-Yield Crop Insurance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(2), pages 320-334.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1983. "A characterization of the distributions that imply mean--Variance utility functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 185-201, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.