The Economy Through Public Lens: Shifting Canadian Views of the Economy
In: The Review of Economic Performance and Social Progress 2001: The Longest Decade: Canada in the 1990s
AbstractIn this chapter, Frank Graves examines the relationship between what he describes as the "official economy," as portrayed by conventional measures of economic performance, and public perceptions of the state of the economy. He also considers the public's understanding of the relationship between economic and social well-being, and the linkages between the public's perception of economic performance and their attitudes toward the redistributive impact of the State and its broader social role. The analysis in the chapter is based on data from quantitative survey and evidence from qualitative focus group conducted over the past decade.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Centre for the Study of Living Standards & The Institutute for Research on Public Policy in its series The Review of Economic Performance and Social Progress with number v:1:y:2001:fg.
Postal: 1470 Peel Street, Suite 200, Montreal, QC H3A 1T1
Web page: http://www.irpp.org/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- H59 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Other
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fedderke, Johannes & Klitgaard, Robert, 1998. "Economic Growth and Social Indicators: An Exploratory Analysis," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(3), pages 455-89, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Whitney Hamilton) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Whitney Hamilton to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.