Beyond the WTO? An anatomy of EU and US preferential trade agreements
AbstractThis Blueprint looks in detail at all the provisions of all the PTAs signed by the EC or the US and other WTO members. Henrik Horn, Petros C. Mavroidis and AndrÃ© Sapir find that Europe and the US have adopted different approaches to PTAs; however, both powers may also be seeking to project their priorities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Bruegel in its series Blueprints with number 238 and published in .
Other versions of this item:
- Henrik Horn & Petros C. Mavroidis & André Sapir, 2010. "Beyond the WTO? An Anatomy of EU and US Preferential Trade Agreements," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(11), pages 1565-1588, November.
- Horn, Henrik & Mavroidis, Petros C & Sapir, André, 2009. "Beyond the WTO? An Anatomy of EU and US Preferential Trade Agreements," CEPR Discussion Papers 7317, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- K33 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - International Law
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caroline Lesser, 2007. "Do Bilateral and Regional Approaches for Reducing Technical Barriers to Trade Converge Towards the Multilateral Trading System?," OECD Trade Policy Papers 58, OECD Publishing.
- Mavroidis, Petros, 2007. "Trade in Goods," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199239030.
- Paola Conconi & Carlo Perroni, 2012.
"Conditional versus unconditional trade concessions for developing countries,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(2), pages 613-631, May.
- Conconi, Paola & Perroni, Carlo, 2011. "Conditional versus Unconditional Trade Concessions for Developing Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 8253, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paola Conconi & Carlo Perroni, 2012. "Conditional versus Unconditional Trade Concessions for Developing Countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/98541, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- VANDENBUSSCHE, Hylke & ZANARDI, Maurizio, .
"The chilling trade effects of antidumping proliferation,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2355, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Vandenbussche, Hylke & Zanardi, Maurizio, 2010. "The chilling trade effects of antidumping proliferation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 760-777, August.
- Hylke Vandenbussche & Maurizio Zanardi, 2010. "The chilling trade effects of antidumping proliferation," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/136355, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Grant, Jason H., 2012.
"Is the Growth of Regionalism as Significant as the Headlines Suggest? Lessons from Agricultural Trade,"
Trade Policy Briefs
145970, Canadian Agricultural Trade Policy Research Network.
- Jason H. Grant, 2013. "Is the growth of regionalism as significant as the headlines suggest? Lessons from agricultural trade," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(1), pages 93-109, 01.
- Grant, Jason H., 2012. "Is the Growth of Regionalism as Significant as the Headlines Suggest? Lessons from Agricultural Trade," Working Papers 142374, Canadian Agricultural Trade Policy Research Network.
- Bernard M. Hoekman & Petros C. Mavroidis, 2013. "WTO 'à la carte' or WTO 'menu du jour'? Assessing the case for Plurilateral Agreements," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/58, European University Institute.
- Bernard Hoekman, 2013. "Sustaining Multilateral Trade Cooperation in a Multipolar World Economy," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/86, European University Institute.
- Arpita Mukherjee & Parthapratim Pal & Ramneet Goswami, 2010. "Addressing New Service Sectors in WTO/FTAs : Express Delivery and India," Trade Working Papers 23035, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Chauffour, Jean-Pierre & Maur, Jean-Christophe, 2010. "Beyond market access : the new normal of preferential trade agreements," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5454, The World Bank.
- Stephenson, Sherry & Roberts, Maryse, 2011. "Evaluating the Contributions of Regional Trade Agreements to Governance of Services Trade," ADBI Working Papers 307, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Mia Mikic, 2011. "Are the India's trade agreements deep enough to support production networks?," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT, in: India: A New Player in Asian Production Networks?, Studies in Trade and Investment 75, chapter 5, pages 120-136 United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Bernard M. Hoekman & Aaditya Mattoo, 2013. "Liberalizing Trade in Services: Lessons from Regional and WTO Negotiations," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/34, European University Institute.
- Koopmann, Georg & Vogel, Lars, 2011. "Globalisierung, Regionalisierung und die Handelspolitik der Europäischen Union," HWWI Policy Papers 58, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Florian Mölders, 2012. "On the Path to Trade Liberalization: Political Regimes in International Trade Negotiations," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1245, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruegel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.