Exploring the multi-dimensional nature of price satisfaction in business to business suppliers' relationship performance
AbstractPrice satisfaction is an important factor which influences buyer seller relationships. The literature on industrial buyer seller relationships has provided only limited discussion of the concept of price satisfaction especially from the supplier's perspective. The aim of this paper is to provide a detailed analysis of the concept of price satisfaction from a supplier's point of view. We argue that like in consumer markets, industrial suppliers' satisfaction related to price is a higher order construct with many dimensions and that price satisfaction influences the industrial suppliers' relationship performance. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Free University Berlin, Marketing Department in its journal jbm - Journal of Business Market Management.
Volume (Year): 5 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://jbm-online.net/index.php/jbm/index
price satisfaction; relationship performance; B2B; suppliers;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B2B - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Winer, Russell S, 1986. " A Reference Price Model of Brand Choice for Frequently Purchased Products," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 250-56, September.
- Grewal, Dhruv & Marmorstein, Howard & Sharma, Arun, 1996. " Communicating Price Information through Semantic Cues: The Moderating Effects of Situation and Discount Size," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(2), pages 148-55, September.
- Schroeder, Ted C. & Ward, Clement E. & Mintert, James R. & Peel, Derrell S., 1997. "Value-Based Pricing of Fed Cattle: Challenges and Research Agenda," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\Sparks, Nevada 35837, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Miller, Stephen E., 1980. "Beef Price Hedging Opportunities For Food Service Institutions," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 11(3), September.
- Beugelsdijk, S. & Koen, C.I. & Noorderhaven, N.G., 2004. "Organizational Culture and Relationship Skills," Discussion Paper 2004-13, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.