A value analysis model for farm equipment manufacturers
AbstractWe develop and empirically validate a procedure specifically designed to allow farm equipment manufacturers to assess their customer value relative to the competition. Using a combination of psychometric procedures for evaluating farmer judgments (confirmatory factor analysis and conjoint analysis), we develop a comprehensive value analysis model which incorporates many features unique to the farm equipment market. Our approach allows for individual differences in farmer perceptions and preferences of equipment brands and can be implemented in markets where only a few competitors exist. Good empirical results were obtained in a study of the combine harvester market. © 1997 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 13 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vandenbosch, Mark B. & Weinberg, Charles B., 1994. "Setting the strategic direction in a product-service firm," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 31(2-3), pages 117-132.
- Allan D. Shocker & V. Srinivasan, 1974. "A Consumer-Based Methodology for the Identification of New Product Ideas," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(6), pages 921-937, February.
- Carl Zulauf & Gary D. Schnitkey, 1989. "Selected US farm machinery market characteristics and their implications for the future," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(5), pages 437-447.
- L. Wade, 1988. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 99-100, July.
- S. Chan Choi & Wayne S. Desarbo & Patrick T. Harker, 1990. "Product Positioning Under Price Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(2), pages 175-199, February.
- Michael A. Gunderson & Allan W. Gray & Jay T. Akridge, 2009. "Service quality in agronomic inputs: does the hierarchical model apply?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 500-519.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.