NICHER: An approach to identifying defensible product positions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 84 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allan D. Shocker & V. Srinivasan, 1974. "A Consumer-Based Methodology for the Identification of New Product Ideas," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(6), pages 921-937, February.
- Edward C. Prescott & Michael Visscher, 1977. "Sequential Location among Firms with Foresight," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 378-393, Autumn.
- Albers, Sonke, 1979. "An extended algorithm for optimal product positioning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 222-231, May.
- John R. Hauser, 1988. "Note—Competitive Price and Positioning Strategies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 76-91.
- Green, Paul E. & Krieger, Abba M., 1989. "Recent contributions to optimal product positioning and buyer segmentation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 127-141, July.
- D. Sudharshan & Jerrold H. May & Allan D. Shocker, 1987. "A Simulation Comparison of Methods for New Product Location," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(2), pages 182-201.
- Bezalel Gavish & Dan Horsky & Kizhanatham Srikanth, 1983. "An Approach to the Optimal Positioning of a New Product," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(11), pages 1277-1297, November.
- Bachem, A. & Simon, H., 1981. "A product positioning model with costs and prices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 362-370, August.
- Shaw, R W, 1982. "Product Proliferation in Characteristics Space: The U.K. Fertiliser Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1-2), pages 69-91, September.
- Eaton, B Curtis & Lipsey, Richard G, 1979. "The Theory of Market Pre-emption: The Persistence of Excess Capacity and Monopoly in Growing Spatial Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 46(182), pages 149-58, May.
- Schmalensee, R. & Thisse, J.-F., 1986.
"Perceptual maps and the optimal location of new products,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1986020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Schmalensee, Richard. & Thisse, Jacques François., 1985. "Perceptual maps and the optimal location of new products," Working papers 1722-85., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Hilke, John C. & Nelson, Philip B., 1987. "Caveat innovator : Strategic and structural characteristics of new product introductions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 213-229, June.
- Richard Schmalensee, 1978. "Entry Deterrence in the Ready-to-Eat Breakfast Cereal Industry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 305-327, Autumn.
- W.J. Lane, 1980. "Product Differentiation in a Market with Endogenous Sequential Entry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 237-260, Spring.
- William L. Moore & Russell S. Winer, 1987. "A Panel-Data Based Method for Merging Joint Space and Market Response Function Estimation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 25-42.
- S. Chan Choi & Wayne S. Desarbo & Patrick T. Harker, 1992. "Note---A Numerical Approach to Deriving Long-Run Equilibrium Solutions in Spatial Positioning Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(1), pages 75-86, January.
- Hansen, Pierre & Jaumard, Brigitte & Meyer, Christophe & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1998.
"New algorithms for product positioning,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 154-174, January.
- Baier, Daniel & Gaul, Wolfgang, 1998. "Optimal product positioning based on paired comparison data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 365-392, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.