Restructuring agribusiness for the 21st century
AbstractSignificant changes are occurring in the agribusiness sector; these changes will dramatically impact the management of agribusiness firms from sourcing of inputs through operations, finance, sales and marketing, to final customer contact. Awareness of these changes is critical for strategic positioning and planning. We discuss 10 changes that we feel will have profound implications for the future structure and performance of the agribusiness industries. © 1995 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 11 (1995)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hurt, Christopher, 1994. "Industrialization in the Pork Industry," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 9(4).
- Drabenstott, Mark, 1994. "Industrialization: Steady Current or Tidal Wave?," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 9(4).
- Peterson, H. Christopher & Swinton, Scott M., 1992. "Agribusiness Opportunities in the 21st Century," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 7(3).
- Malorgio, Giulio & Camanzi, Luca & Grazia, Cristina, 1. "Supply chain relationships and quality certification schemes: a case study in fisheries," Politica Agricola Internazionale - International Agricultural Policy, Edizioni L’Informatore Agrario, issue 1.
- Hagelaar, Geoffrey J.L.F. & van der Vorst, Jack G.A.J., 2001. "Environmental Supply Chain Management: Using Life Cycle Assessment To Structure Supply Chains," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 4(04).
- Nilsson, Tomas K.H. & Fulton, Joan R., 2002. "The Capstone Experience Course In Agricultural Curriculum," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19582, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kalogeras, Nikos & van der Lans, Ivo A.C.M. & Pennings, Joost M.E. & van Dijk, Gert, 2004. "Members' Preferences For Cooperative Structures: An Experimental Conjoint Study," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20292, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Klaus Drescher, 2000. "Assessing aspects of agricultural contracts: An application to German agriculture," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 385-398.
- Jean-Marie Nkongolo-Bakenda & Robert Anderson & Jack Ito & Garnet Garven, 2010. "Structural and competitive determinants of globally oriented small- and medium-sized enterprises: An empirical analysis," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 55-86, March.
- Jones, Brian R. & Fulton, Joan R. & Dooley, Frank J., 1999. "Hog Producer Investment In Value-Added Agribusiness: Risk And Return Implications," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21537, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Matthias Grossmann (SKOPE) and Mark Poston (DFID), . "Skill Needs and Policies for Agriculture-led Pro-poor Development," QEH Working Papers qehwps112, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Sporleder, Thomas L. & Boland, Michael A., 2011. "Exclusivity of Agrifood Supply Chains: Seven Fundamental Economic Characteristics," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 14(5).
- Rehber, Erkan, 2000. "Vertical Coordination In The Agro-Food Industry And Contract Farming: A Comparative Study Of Turkey And The Usa," Research Reports 25225, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.