Market Constraints as a Rationale for the Friedman-Savage Utility Function
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 89 (1981)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raymond D. Sauer, 1998. "The Economics of Wagering Markets," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 2021-2064, December.
- Marshall, John M, 1984. "Gambles and the Shadow Price of Death," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(1), pages 73-86, March.
- Dowell, Richard S & McLaren, Keith R, 1986. "An Intertemporal Analysis of the Interdependence between Risk Preference, Retirement, and Work Rate Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 667-82, June.
- Thomas Crossley & Hamish Low & Sarah Smith, 2011.
"Do consumers gamble to convexify?,"
IFS Working Papers
W11/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Thomas F. Crossley & Hamish Low & Sarah Smith, 2013. "Do Consumers Gamble to Convexify?," KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1314, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Katz, Eliakim & Stark, Oded, 1986. "Labor Migration and Risk Aversion in Less Developed Countries," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(1), pages 134-49, January.
- Fabella, Raul V., 1990. "Induced global risk preference," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 313-317, April.
- Elie Appelbaum & Richard G. Harris, 1978. "Imperfect Capital Markets and Life-Cycle Saving," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 11(2), pages 319-24, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.