The Wage Premium to a University Education in Canada, 1971-1991
AbstractUsing micro data from the Canadian Survey of Consumer Finances, 1971-91, the authors investigate the return to a university education. Their conclusions are that while there appears to have been some decline in the return to a university degree during the 1970s in Canada (similar to the United States), the return did not rebound much during the 1980s except among the youngest experience (age) group. There is, however, considerable noise in the ratios from year to year so that one is likely to draw misleading inferences if only a few years of data are used. Coauthors are John Burbidge, Lonnie Magee, and A. Leslie Robb. Copyright 1995 by University of Chicago Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Labor Economics.
Volume (Year): 13 (1995)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Louis Christofides & Michael Hoy & Ling Yang, 2009.
"The Gender Imbalance in Participation in Canadian Universities (1977-2005),"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2791, CESifo Group Munich.
- Louis N. Christofides & Michael Hoy & Ling Yang, 2008. "The Gender Imbalance in Participation in Canadian Universities (1977-2005)," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 5-2008, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Boudarbat, Brahim & Lemieux, Thomas & Riddell, W. Craig, 2010.
"The Evolution of the Returns to Human Capital in Canada, 1980-2005,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4809, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brahim Boudarbat & Thomas Lemieux & W. Craig Riddell, 2010. "The Evolution of the Returns to Human Capital in Canada, 1980-2005," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 36(1), pages 63-89, March.
- Boudarbat, Brahim & Lemieux, Thomas & Riddell, W. Craig, 2010. "The Evolution of the Returns to Human Capital in Canada, 1980-2005," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2010-2, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 30 Jan 2010.
- Strawinski, Pawel, 2008. "Changes in return to higher education in Poland 1998-2005," MPRA Paper 9533, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.