Indigenous Language Skills and the Labor Market in a Developing Economy: Bolivia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Economic Development and Cultural Change.
Volume (Year): 48 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Godoy, Ricardo & Karlan, Dean S. & Rabindran, Shanti & Huanca, Tomas, 2005. "Do modern forms of human capital matter in primitive economies? Comparative evidence from Bolivia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 45-53, February.
- Nopo, Hugo & Atal, Juan Pablo & Winder, Natalia, 2010.
"New Century, Old Disparities: Gender and Ethnic Wage Gaps in Latin America,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5085, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Juan Pablo Atal & Hugo Nopo & Natalia Winder, 2009. "New Century, Old Disparities: Gender and Ethnic Wage Gaps in Latin America," Research Department Publications 4640, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Godoy, Ricardo A. & Leonard, William R. & Reyes-Garcia, Victoria & Goodman, Elizabeth & McDade, Thomas & Huanca, Tomas & Tanner, Susan & Vadez, Vincent, 2006. "Physical stature of adult Tsimane' Amerindians, Bolivian Amazon in the 20th century," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 184-205, June.
- Godoy, Ricardo & Reyes-Garcia, Victoria & Seyfried, Craig & Huanca, Tomas & Leonard, William R. & McDade, Thomas & Tanner, Susan & Vadez, Vincent, 2007. "Language skills and earnings: Evidence from a pre-industrial economy in the Bolivian Amazon," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 349-360, June.
- Casale, Daniela & Posel, Dorrit, 2011. "English language proficiency and earnings in a developing country: The case of South Africa," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 385-393, August.
- Matías Busso & Martín Cicowiez & Leonardo Gasparini, 2005. "Ethnicity and the Millennium Development Goals in Latin America and the Caribbean," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0027, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Chiswick, Barry R., 2008. "The Economics of Language: An Introduction and Overview," IZA Discussion Papers 3568, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- George Gray-Molina & Wilson Jimenez & Ernesto Perez de Rada, 2002. "Social Exclusion: Residential Segregation in Bolivian Cities," Research Department Publications 3136, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.