Technology Evolution in China's Color TV Industry
AbstractFor industries in undeveloped countries, technological paradigm transition means both opportunities and challenges. This paper examines the technology evolution process of the color TV industry in China across two areas: CRT (cathode ray tube) and flat panel display. In order to delineate the evolution path, a theoretical model is proposed in which six influencing factors, namely, firm strategy, demand, resource supplying, policy/regulation, technology paradigm/technology regime and industry structure, are examined. These factors jointly determine the evolution process of the color TV industry in China. This model clearly explains the industry's backward position, in comparison with that in leading countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Industry and Innovation.
Volume (Year): 16 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4-5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIAI20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nico Voigtl?nder & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2013.
"How the West "Invented" Fertility Restriction,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(6), pages 2227-64, October.
- Nico Voigtländer & Joachim Voth, 2008. "How the West "invented" fertility restriction," Economics Working Papers 1264, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Dec 2012.
- Nico Voigtländer and Hans-Joachim Voth, 2010. "How the West ’Invented’ Fertility Restriction," Working Papers 525, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Nico Voigtländer & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2011. "How the West 'Invented' Fertility Restriction," NBER Working Papers 17314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans-Joachim Voth & Nico Voigtlaender, 2010. "How the West 'Invented' Fertility Restriction," 2010 Meeting Papers 326, Society for Economic Dynamics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.