Is inflation stationary?
AbstractNinety-three world-wide inflation series are tested for unit roots. Treating the data series' innovations as draws from a symmetric stable distribution, with possibly infinite variance, reduces the number that appear stationary.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 37 (2005)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James G. MacKinnon, 2010.
"Critical Values for Cointegration Tests,"
1227, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985.
"Time Series Regression with a Unit Root,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
740R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1986.
- Ng, S. & Perron, P., 1994.
"Unit Root Tests ARMA Models with Data Dependent Methods for the Selection of the Truncation Lag,"
Cahiers de recherche
9423, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Ng, S. & Perron, P., 1994. "Unit Root Tests ARMA Models with Data Dependent Methods for the Selection of the Truncation Lag," Cahiers de recherche 9423, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Chan, Ngai Hang & Tran, Lanh Tat, 1989. "On the First-Order Autoregressive Process with Infinite Variance," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(03), pages 354-362, December.
- Hall, Alastair R, 1994. "Testing for a Unit Root in Time Series with Pretest Data-Based Model Selection," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(4), pages 461-70, October.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 2001.
"LAG Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1519-1554, November.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 1997. "Lag Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Charemza, Wojciech & Makarova, Svetlana, 2009. "Nonlinear Inflationary Persistence and Growth: Theory and Empirical Comparative Analysis," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(2), pages 5-22, June.
- Syed Basher & Joakim Westerlund, 2007.
"Is there really a unit root in the inflation rate? More evidence from panel data models,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 161-164.
- Basher, Syed A. & Westerlund, Joakim, 2006. "Is there Really a Unit Root in the Inflation Rate? More Evidence from Panel Data Models," MPRA Paper 136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andreea Halunga & Denise Osborn & Marianne Sensier, 2007.
"Changes in the order of integration of US and UK inflation,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0715, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Halunga, Andreea G. & Osborn, Denise R. & Sensier, Marianne, 2009. "Changes in the order of integration of US and UK inflation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 30-32, January.
- Stephan Popp, 2008. "A Nonlinear Unit Root Test in the Presence of an Unknown Break," Ruhr Economic Papers 0045, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Wojciech Charemza & Svetlana Makarova & Imran Shah, 2013. "Making the most of High Inflation," Discussion Papers in Economics 13/01, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Gabriel Rodriguez & Dionisio Ramirez, 2013. "A Note on the Size of the ADF Test with Additive Outliers and Fractional Errors. A Reapraisal about the (Non) Stationarity of the Latin-American Inflation Series," Documentos de Trabajo 2013-357, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Andrew Phiri, 2012. "Threshold effects and inflation persistence in South Africa," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 247-269, August.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2014. "Response of inflation to shocks: New evidence from Sub-Saharan African countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 378-382.
- Tsong, Ching-Chuan & Lee, Cheng-Feng, 2011. "Asymmetric inflation dynamics: Evidence from quantile regression analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 668-680.
- Melisso Boschi & Alessandro Girardi, 2007.
"Euro area inflation: long-run determinants and short-run dynamics,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 9-24.
- Melisso Boschi & Alessandro Girardi, 2005. "Euro Area inflation: long-run determinants and short-run dynamics," ISAE Working Papers 60, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Çiçek, Serkan & Akar, Cüneyt, 2013. "The asymmetry of inflation adjustment in Turkey," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 104-118.
- Su Zhou, . "Nonlinearity and stationarity of inflation rates: Evidence from the euro-zone countries," Working Papers 0006, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Popp, Stephan, 2011. "An application of a new seasonal unit root test to inflation," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 707-716, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.