The Shapley decomposition for portfolio risk
AbstractThe aim of this article is to provide an application of the Shapley value to decompose financial portfolio risk. Decomposing the sample covariance risk measure, gives us relative measures, which can be, classified securities of a portfolio according to risk scales.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 15 (2008)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
Other versions of this item:
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- F. Chantreuil & A. Trannoy, 1999.
"Inequality decomposition values : the trade-off between marginality and consistency,"
THEMA Working Papers
99-24, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Chantreuil, F. & Trannoy, A., 1999. "Inequality Decomposition Values: the Trade-Off Between Marginality and Consistency," Papers 99-24, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2007:i:25:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Devicienti, 2008.
"Shapley-Value Decompositions of Changes in Wage Distributions: A Note,"
LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series
80, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Francesco Devicienti, 2010. "Shapley-value decompositions of changes in wage distributions: a note," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 35-45, March.
- virginie terraza & stephane mussard, 2007. "New trading risk indexes: application of the shapley value in finance," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(25), pages 1-7.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.