Financial repression, money growth, and seignorage: The Polish experience
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv.
Volume (Year): 133 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hindenburgufer 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berg Andrew, 1994. "Does Macroeconomic Reform Cause Structural Adjustment? Lessons from Poland," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 376-409, June.
- Boswijk, Peter, 1993. "On the Formulation of Wald Tests on Long-Run Parameters," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 55(1), pages 137-44, February.
- International Monetary Fund, 1994. "The Payments Systems Reforms and Monetary Policy in Emerging Market Economies in Central and Eastern Europe," IMF Working Papers 94/13, International Monetary Fund.
- Brock, Philip L., 1984. "Inflationary finance in an open economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 37-53, July.
- Espinosa-Vega, Marco A, 1995. "Multiple Reserve Requirements," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 762-76, August.
- Demetriades, Panicos O & Luintel, Kul B, 1996. "Financial Development, Economic Growth and Banker Sector Controls: Evidence from India," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 359-74, March.
- Freeman, Scott, 1987. "Reserve requirements and optimal seigniorage," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 307-314, March.
- Lane, Timothy D., 1992. "Inflation stabilization and economic transformation in Poland: The first year," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 105-155, July.
- Croushore, Dean, 1993. "Money in the utility function: Functional equivalence to a shopping-time model," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 175-182.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
"Financial repression and economic growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 5-30, July.
- John P Bonin, 1993. "On the Way to Privatizing Commercial Banks: Poland and Hungary Take Different Roads," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(4), pages 103-119, December.
- Lazaros E. Molho, 1992. "Reserve Requirements on Bank Deposits as Implicit Taxes - A Case Study of Italy," IMF Working Papers 92/18, International Monetary Fund.
- Folkerts-Landau, David & Garber, Peter & Lane, Timothy, 1993. "Payment system reform in formerly centrally planned economics," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 849-868, September.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & Caminal, Ramon, 1992. "Optimal seigniorage and financial liberalization," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 518-538, December.
- TomÃ¡s J. T. BaliÃ±o & Juhi Dhawan & V. Sundararajan, 1994. "Payments System Reforms and Monetary Policy in Emerging Market Economies in Central and Eastern Europe," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 41(3), pages 383-410, September.
- Hochreiter, Eduard & Rovelli, Riccardo & Winckler, Georg, 1996. "Central banks and seigniorage: A study of three economies in transition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 629-643, April.
- Feenstra, Robert C., 1986. "Functional equivalence between liquidity costs and the utility of money," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 271-291, March.
- Charalambos Christofides & Paul Mylonas & Inci Ã–tker & Liam P. Ebrill & Gerd Schwartz & Ajai Chopra, 1994. "Poland: The Path to a Market Economy," IMF Occasional Papers 113, International Monetary Fund.
- Fry, Maxwell J., 1981. "Government revenue from monopoly supply of currency and deposits," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 261-270.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean, 1994. "Transition in Poland," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(426), pages 1169-77, September.
- Giovannini, Alberto & de Melo, Martha, 1993. "Government Revenue from Financial Repression," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 953-63, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.