Infrastructures institutionnelles et développement financier en zone CEMAC
[Institutional infrastructures and financial development in zone CEMAC]
AbstractThis dissertation proposes to evaluate the impact of institutional development on the financial development in the Central Africa Economic and Monetary Community (CAEMC).An econometric and statistical approach is used in order to realise this objective. According to the methodology suggested by Demirguc-Kunt & Levine (1996) and by Chouchane Verdier (2004), the statistical approach makes it possible to build the financial development indice of the countries of the mentioned zone. This statistical approach reveals the delay by these countries in term of financial development compared to other countries. Following the methodology proposed by Demetriades & Luintel (1996)and by Ito (2005), the econometric approach, with the aid of sargan test and the Arrelano & Bond (1991)test on our dynamic panel data, highlights the negative impact of the weakness of the level of institutional development on the financial development.It can explain why financial liberalization is only slightly beneficial with the financial development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 37824.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Libéralisation financière ; développement financier ; développement institutionnel ; CEMAC ; données de panels dynamiques;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wurgler, Jeffrey, 2000.
"Financial markets and the allocation of capital,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 187-214.
- Richard Blundell & Steve Bond, 1995.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
IFS Working Papers
W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, . "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
"Financial repression and economic growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 5-30, July.
- Kapur, Basant K, 1976. "Alternative Stabilization Policies for Less-developed Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 777-95, August.
- Christophe Hurlin & Valérie Mignon, 2006. "Une Synthèse des Tests de Racine Unitaire sur Données de Panel," Post-Print halshs-00078770, HAL.
- Demetriades, Panicos O & Luintel, Kul B, 1996. "Financial Development, Economic Growth and Banker Sector Controls: Evidence from India," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 359-74, March.
- KPODAR Kangni, 2005. "Manuel d'initiation à Stata (Version 8)," Computer Programs 0501107, EconWPA.
- Arturo Galindo & Alberto Chong & César Calderón, 2001. "Structure and Development of Financial Institutions and Links with Trust: Cross-Country Evidence," Research Department Publications 4251, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.