Infrastructures institutionnelles et développement financier en zone CEMAC
[Institutional infrastructures and financial development in zone CEMAC]
AbstractThis dissertation proposes to evaluate the impact of institutional development on the financial development in the Central Africa Economic and Monetary Community (CAEMC).An econometric and statistical approach is used in order to realise this objective. According to the methodology suggested by Demirguc-Kunt & Levine (1996) and by Chouchane Verdier (2004), the statistical approach makes it possible to build the financial development indice of the countries of the mentioned zone. This statistical approach reveals the delay by these countries in term of financial development compared to other countries. Following the methodology proposed by Demetriades & Luintel (1996)and by Ito (2005), the econometric approach, with the aid of sargan test and the Arrelano & Bond (1991)test on our dynamic panel data, highlights the negative impact of the weakness of the level of institutional development on the financial development.It can explain why financial liberalization is only slightly beneficial with the financial development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 37824.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Libéralisation financière ; développement financier ; développement institutionnel ; CEMAC ; données de panels dynamiques;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arturo Galindo & Alberto Chong & César Calderón, 2001.
"Structure and Development of Financial Institutions and Links with Trust: Cross-Country Evidence,"
Research Department Publications, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department
4251, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Arturo Galindo & César Calderón & Alberto E. Chong, 2001. "Structure and Development of Financial Institutions and Links with Trust: Cross-Country Evidence," IDB Publications 6482, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Christophe Hurlin & Valérie Mignon, 2005.
"Une synthèse des tests de racine unitaire sur données de panel,"
Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée,
Programme National Persée, vol. 169(3), pages 253-294.
- Christophe Hurlin & Valérie Mignon, 2006. "Une Synthèse des Tests de Racine Unitaire sur Données de Panel," Post-Print, HAL halshs-00078770, HAL.
- Nouriel Roubini & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991.
"Financial Repression and Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3876, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oriana Bandiera & Gerard Caprio Jr. & Patrick Honohan & Fabio Schiantarelli, 1998.
"Does Financial Reform Raise or Reduce Savings?,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics, Boston College Department of Economics
413, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hali J. Edison & Michael W. Klein & Luca Ricci & Torsten Sloek, 2002.
"Capital Account Liberalization and Economic Performance: Survey and Synthesis,"
NBER Working Papers
9100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hali J. Edison & Michael W. Klein & Luca Antonio Ricci & Torsten Sløk, 2004. "Capital Account Liberalization and Economic Performance: Survey and Synthesis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 51(2), pages 2.
- Richard Blundell & Steve Bond, 1995.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
IFS Working Papers, Institute for Fiscal Studies
W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, . "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Olli-Pekka Lehmussaari, 1990. "Deregulation and Consumption: Saving Dynamics in the Nordic Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(1), pages 71-93, March.
- Wurgler, Jeffrey, 2000.
"Financial markets and the allocation of capital,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 187-214.
- Jeffrey Wurgler, 1999. "Financial Markets And The Allocation Of Capital," Yale School of Management Working Papers, Yale School of Management ysm123, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Mar 2001.
- KPODAR Kangni, 2005. "Manuel d'initiation à Stata (Version 8)," Computer Programs, EconWPA 0501107, EconWPA.
- Demetriades, Panicos O & Luintel, Kul B, 1996. "Financial Development, Economic Growth and Banker Sector Controls: Evidence from India," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 359-74, March.
- Kapur, Basant K, 1976. "Alternative Stabilization Policies for Less-developed Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 777-95, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.