What makes a country socially capable of catching up?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv.
Volume (Year): 130 (1994)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hindenburgufer 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wolff, Edward N, 1991. "Capital Formation and Productivity Convergence over the Long Term," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 565-79, June.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1992.
"Trade orientation, distortions and growth in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 31-57, July.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1991. "Trade Orientation, Distortions and Growth in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 3716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krasker, William S. & Kuh, Edwin & Welsch, Roy E., 1983. "Estimation for dirty data and flawed models," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 651-698 Elsevier.
- M. Alam, 1992. "Convergence in developed countries: an empirical investigation," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 128(2), pages 189-201, June.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard R. Nelson & Edmond S. Phelps, 1965. "Investment in Humans, Technological Diffusion and Economic Growth," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 189, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Barro, Robert J, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-43, May.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- John F. Helliwell & Alan Chung, 1992. "Convergence and Growth Linkages Between North and South," NBER Working Papers 3948, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1982. "National and International Returns to Scale in the Modern Theory of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 389-405, June.
- Stern, Nicholas, 1991. "The Determinants of Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(404), pages 122-33, January.
- Dowrick, Steve, 1989. "Sectoral change, catching up and slowing down : OECD post-war economic growth revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 331-335, December.
- Roubini, N. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Financial development , the Trade Regime and Economic Growth," Papers 646, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Verspagen, Bart, 1991. "A new empirical approach to catching up or falling behind," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-18004, Maastricht University.
- Simone Valente, 2009.
"International status seeking, trade, and growth leadership,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 42(2), pages 554-589, May.
- Simone Valente, 2007. "International Status Seeking, Trade, and Growth Leadership," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 07/75, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Rachel Griffith & Stephen Redding & John Van Reenen, 2003.
"R&D and Absorptive Capacity: Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(1), pages 99-118, 03.
- Griffith, Rachel & Redding, Stephen & Van Reenen, John, 2003. "R&D and absorptive capacity : theory and empirical evidence," Open Access publications from London School of Economics and Political Science http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Ben-David, Dan & Loewy, Michael B, 1998.
" Free Trade, Growth, and Convergence,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 143-70, June.
- Jørn Rattsø & Hildegunn E. Stokke, 2009. "Trade barriers to growth in South Africa: Endogenous investment-productivity-trade interaction," DEGIT Conference Papers c014_010, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Simone Valente, 2006.
"Trade, Envy and Growth: International Status Seeking in a Two-Country World,"
CER-ETH Economics working paper series
06/53, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Valente, Simone, 2006. "Trade, Envy and Growth: International Status Seeking in a Two-Country World," MPRA Paper 1095, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Silvia Dal Bianco, 2010. "Technology Diffusion or Capital Accumulation? An Empirical Assessment of Convergence in Manufacturing," Quaderni di Dipartimento 114, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Joern Rattsoe & Hildegunn Ekroll Stokke, 2009.
"Wage inequality, comparative advantage and skill biased technical change in South Africa,"
Working Paper Series
9909, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Rattsø, Jørn & Stokke, Hildegunn, 2009. "Wage inequality, comparative advantage and skill biased technical change in South Africa," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Frankfurt a.M. 2009 34, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Karin Olofsdotter, 1998. "Foreign direct investment, country capabilities and economic growth," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 534-547, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.