Materialism and Quality of Life
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Social Indicators Research.
Volume (Year): 43 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wansbeek, T.J. & Buyze, J. & Kapteyn, A.J., 1978.
"The dynamics of preference formation,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-361902, Tilburg University.
- Kapteyn, Arie & Wansbeek, Tom & Buyze, Jeannine, 1980. "The dynamics of preference formation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 123-157, June.
- Kapteyn, Arie & Wansbeek, Tom & Buyze, Jeannine, 1978. "The dynamics of preference formation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 93-98.
- Masoud Moghaddam, 2008. "Happiness, Faith, Friends, and Fortune—Empirical Evidence from the 1998 US Survey Data," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 577-587, December.
- Stynen, Dave & Sels, Luc & Forrier, Anneleen, 2011. "Older workers’ wage demands: relationships with the quantity and quality of work motivation," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/325833, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Nuran Bayram & Firat Bilgel & Nazan Bilgel, 2012. "Social Exclusion and Quality of Life: An Empirical Study from Turkey," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 109-120, January.
- Lea, Stephen E.G. & Webley, Paul, 2005. "In search of the economic self," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 585-604, October.
- James Roberts & Aimee Clement, 2007. "Materialism and Satisfaction with Over-All Quality Of Life and Eight Life Domains," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 82(1), pages 79-92, May.
- M. Sirgy & Eda Gurel-Atay & Dave Webb & Muris Cicic & Melika Husic & Ahmet Ekici & Andreas Herrmann & Ibrahim Hegazy & Dong-Jin Lee & J. Johar, 2012. "Linking Advertising, Materialism, and Life Satisfaction," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 107(1), pages 79-101, May.
- Eda Gurel Atay & Joseph Sirgy & Melika Husić & Muris Čičić, 2010. "Influence of materialism on life satisfaction," Tržište/Market, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 22(2), pages 151-166.
- Chau-kiu Cheung & Kwan-kwok Leung, 2008. "Retrospective and prospective evaluations of environmental quality under urban renewal as determinants of residents’ subjective quality of life," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 85(2), pages 223-241, January.
- William Swinyard & Ah-Keng Kau & Hui-Yin Phua, 2001. "Happiness, Materialism, and Religious Experience in the US AND SINGAPORE," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 13-32, March.
- Chack Wong & Ka Wong & Bong Mok, 2006. "Subjective Well-Being, Societal Condition and Social Policy – The Case Study of a Rich Chinese Society," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 78(3), pages 405-428, 09.
- Xiaoling Shu & Yifei Zhu, 2009. "The Quality of Life in China," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 92(2), pages 191-225, June.
- Chau-Kiu Cheung & Kwan-Kwok Leung, 2004. "Forming Life Satisfaction among Different Social Groups during the Modernization of China," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 23-56, March.
- Rik Linssen & Luuk Kempen & Gerbert Kraaykamp, 2011. "Subjective Well-being in Rural India: The Curse of Conspicuous Consumption," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 101(1), pages 57-72, March.
- Welsch, Heinz, 2009. "Implications of happiness research for environmental economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 2735-2742, September.
- Welsch, Heinz & Kühling, Jan, 2010. "Pro-environmental behavior and rational consumer choice: Evidence from surveys of life satisfaction," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 405-420, June.
- Chau-kiu Cheung & Kwan-kwok Leung, 2007. "Relating social welfare to life satisfaction in the postmodern era of Hong Kong," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 53-70, October.
- Donnelly, Grant & Iyer, Ravi & Howell, Ryan T., 2012. "The Big Five personality traits, material values, and financial well-being of self-described money managers," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1129-1142.
- Uzi Rebhun, 2009. "Housing Adjustment Among Immigrants in Israel: Application of Complementary Non-Metric and Metric Techniques," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 92(3), pages 565-590, July.
- Kasser, Tim & Grow Kasser, Virginia, 2001. "The dreams of people high and low in materialism," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 693-719, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.