Stable syndicates of factor owners and distribution of social output: a Shapley value approach
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to examine the incentive of a player to join a syndicate in an environment of team production and payoff distribution according to Shapley value. We consider an economy in which a single output is produced by an increasing returns to scale production function using two inputs: labor and capital. By assuming that syndicates of factor owners can form, we are interested in their stability, i.e., the willingness of the members of the syndicate to stay in the syndicate. Our analysis, based on the Shapley value, allows us to find a fair imputation of the gains of cooperation and the conditions under which syndicates are stable.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Social Choice and Welfare.
Volume (Year): 39 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00355/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Fabrice Valognes & Hélène Ferrer & Guillermo Owen, 2012. "Stable syndicates of factor owners and distribution of social output: a Shapley value approach," Post-Print halshs-00651185, HAL.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guesnerie Roger, 1976.
"Monopoly, syndicate and shapley value : about some conjectures,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1977. "Monopoly, syndicate, and shapley value: About some conjectures," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 235-251, August.
- Hansen, Terje & Jaskold-Gabszewicz, Jean, 1972.
"Collusion of factor owners and distribution of social output,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-18, February.
- HANSEN, Terje & JASKOLD GABSZEWICZ, Jean, . "Collusion of factor owners and distribution of social output," CORE Discussion Papers RP -101, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Aumann, Robert J., 1973. "Disadvantageous monopolies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-11, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.