Relative importance of scheduled macroeconomic news for stock market investors
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 27 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/120857/index.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kim, Suk-Joong & Sheen, Jeffrey, 2000.
"International linkages and macroeconomic news effects on interest rate volatility -- Australia and the US,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 85-113, March.
- Kim, Suk-Joong & Sheen, Jeffrey, 1998. "International Linkages and Macroeconomic News Effects on Interest Rate Volatility - Australia and the US'," Working Papers 11, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Karfakis, C. & Kim, Suk-Joong, 1993.
"Exchange Rates, Interest Rates and Current Account News: Some Evidence from Australia,"
189, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Karfakis, Costas & Kim, Suk-Joong, 1995. "Exchange rates, interest rates and current account news: some evidence from Australia," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 575-595, August.
- Heynen, Ronald & Kemna, Angelien & Vorst, Ton, 1994. "Analysis of the Term Structure of Implied Volatilities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(01), pages 31-56, March.
- Ederington, Louis H & Lee, Jae Ha, 1993. " How Markets Process Information: News Releases and Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1161-91, September.
- Day, Theodore E. & Lewis, Craig M., 1988. "The behavior of the volatility implicit in the prices of stock index options," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 103-122, October.
- Douglas K. Pearce & V. Vance Roley, 1985.
"Stock Prices and Economic News,"
NBER Working Papers
1296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christie-David, Rohan & Chaudhry, Mukesh & Koch, Timothy W., 2000. "Do macroeconomics news releases affect gold and silver prices?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 405-421.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Hakkio, Craig S & Pearce, Douglas K, 1985. "The Reaction of Exchange Rates to Economic News," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(4), pages 621-36, October.
- Thornton, Daniel L., 1989. "The effect of unanticipated money on the money and foreign exchange markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 573-587, December.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Stefanescu, Razvan & Dumitriu, Ramona & Nistor, Costel, 2011. "Impact of the domestic and the US macroeconomic news on the Romanian stock market," MPRA Paper 41623, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Sep 2011.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan & Nistor, Costel, 2011. "The US macroeconomic news announcements and the within-month effects on the Bucharest Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 41626, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Oct 2011.
- Li, Lifang & Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Zheng, Xinwei, 2010. "An analysis of inflation and stock returns for the UK," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 519-532, December.
- Äijö, Janne, 2008. "Impact of US and UK macroeconomic news announcements on the return distribution implied by FTSE-100 index options," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 242-258.
- Jaiswal-Dale, Ameeta & Jithendranathan, Thadavillil, 2009. "Transmission of shocks from cross-listed markets to the return and volatility of domestic stocks," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 395-408, December.
- Nikkinen, Jussi & Omran, Mohammed & Sahlstrom, Petri & Aijo, Janne, 2006. "Global stock market reactions to scheduled U.S. macroeconomic news announcements," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 92-104, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.