The impact of firm specific news on implied volatilities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 20 (1996)
Issue (Month): 9 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Jong, F.C.J.M. de & Kemna, A. & Kloek, T., 1992.
"A contribution to event study methodology with an application to the dutch stock market,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-384516, Tilburg University.
- de Jong, Frank & Kemna, Angelien & Kloek, Teun, 1992. "A contribution to event study methodology with an application to the Dutch stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 11-36, February.
- Amin, Kaushik I, 1993. " Jump Diffusion Option Valuation in Discrete Time," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1833-63, December.
- Jin-Chuan Duan, 1995. "The Garch Option Pricing Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 13-32.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Beckers, Stan, 1981. "Standard deviations implied in option prices as predictors of future stock price variability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 363-381, September.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991.
"Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
NBER Working Papers
3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993. " Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-78, December.
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Ederington, Louis H & Lee, Jae Ha, 1993. " How Markets Process Information: News Releases and Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1161-91, September.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Heynen, Ronald & Kemna, Angelien & Vorst, Ton, 1994. "Analysis of the Term Structure of Implied Volatilities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(01), pages 31-56, March.
- Sheikh, Aamir M, 1989. " Stock Splits, Volatility Increases, and Implied Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1361-72, December.
- Patell, James M. & Wolfson, Mark A., 1979. "Anticipated information releases reflected in call option prices," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 117-140, August.
- Matthew J. Clayton & Jay C. Hartzell & Joshua V. Rosenberg, 2003.
"The impact of CEO turnover on equity volatility,"
166, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Atilgan, Yigit, 2014. "Volatility spreads and earnings announcement returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 205-215.
- Imlak Shaikh & Puja Padhi, 2013. "RBI’s Monetary Policy and Macroeconomic Announcements: Impact on S&P CNX Nifty VIX," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 445-460, March.
- Baik, Bok & Kang, Hyoung-Goo & Kim, Young Jun, 2013. "Volatility arbitrage around earnings announcements: Evidence from the Korean equity linked warrants market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 109-130.
- Jeffrey Jones & Jenny Gu & Pu Liu, 2014. "Do dividend initiations signal a reduction in risk? Evidence from the option market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 143-158, January.
- Robert A. Connolly & Christopher T. Stivers, 2000. "Evidence on the Economics of Equity Return Volatility Clustering," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1575, Econometric Society.
- Isakov, Dusan & Perignon, Christophe, 2001.
"Evolution of market uncertainty around earnings announcements,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1769-1788, September.
- Dušan Isakov & Christophe Pérignon, 2000. "Evolution of Market Uncertainty around Earnings Announcements," FAME Research Paper Series rp15, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Isakov, D. & Perignon, C., 1999. "Evolution of Market Uncertainty around Earnings Announcements," Papers 99.12, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Universite de Geneve-.
- Jiang, George J. & Konstantinidi, Eirini & Skiadopoulos, George, 2012. "Volatility spillovers and the effect of news announcements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2260-2273.
- Geppert, Gero & Kamerschen, David R., 2008. "The effect of mergers on implied volatility of equity options," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 330-344.
- Truong, Cameron & Corrado, Charles & Chen, Yangyang, 2012. "The options market response to accounting earnings announcements," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 423-450.
- Nikkinen, Jussi & Sahlstrom, Petri, 2004. "Scheduled domestic and US macroeconomic news and stock valuation in Europe," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 201-215, July.
- Robert F. Engle & Martin Klint Hansen & Asger Lunde, 2012. "And Now, The Rest of the News: Volatility and Firm Specific News Arrival," CREATES Research Papers 2012-56, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Vlastakis, Nikolaos & Markellos, Raphael N., 2012. "Information demand and stock market volatility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1808-1821.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.