Do former athletes make better managers? Evidence from a partially adaptive grouped-data regression model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 39 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ximing Wu & Thanasis Stengos, 2005. "Partially adaptive estimation via the maximum entropy densities," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(3), pages 352-366, December.
- Phillips, Robert F., 1994. "Partially adaptive estimation via a normal mixture," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 123-144.
- Mark B. Stewart, 1982.
"On Least Squares Estimation When the Dependent Variable is Grouped,"
539, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Stewart, Mark B, 1983. "On Least Squares Estimation When the Dependent Variable Is Grouped," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 737-53, October.
- Stewart, Mark B, 1982. "On Least Squares Estimation when the Dependent Variable is Grouped," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 207, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Racine, Jeff & Li, Qi, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation of regression functions with both categorical and continuous data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 99-130, March.
- McDonald, James B., 1996. "An application and comparison of some flexible parametric and semi-parametric qualitative response models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 145-152, November.
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1996. "A comparison of semi-parametric and partially adaptive estimators of the censored regression model with possibly skewed and leptokurtic error distributions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 153-159, May.
- E.K. Berndt & B.H. Hall & R.E. Hall, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 103-116 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian Boyer & James McDonald & Whitney Newey, 2003. "A Comparison of Partially Adaptive and Reweighted Least Squares Estimation," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 115-134.
- Bartolucci, F. & Scaccia, L., 2005. "The use of mixtures for dealing with non-normal regression errors," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 821-834, April.
- Henderson, Daniel J. & Olbrecht, Alexandre & Polachek, Solomon, 2005.
"Do Former College Athletes Earn More at Work? A Nonparametric Assessment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1882, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniel J. Henderson & Alexandre Olbrecht & Solomon W. Polachek, 2006. "Do Former College Athletes Earn More at Work?: A Nonparametric Assessment," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 41(3).
- Hamparsum Bozdogan, 1987. "Model selection and Akaike's Information Criterion (AIC): The general theory and its analytical extensions," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 345-370, September.
- Thanasis Stengos & Ximing Wu, 2005. "Partially Adaptive Estimation via Maximum Entropy Densities," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 6-2005, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Long, James E & Caudill, Steven B, 1991. "The Impact of Participation in Intercollegiate Athletics on Income and Graduation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 525-31, August.
- Phillips, Robert F., 1991. "A note on testing for switching regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 31-33, January.
- McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 1988. "Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models via the Generalized T Distribution," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 428-457, December.
- Butler, Richard J, et al, 1990. "Robust and Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 321-27, May.
- Hansen, James V. & McDonald, James B. & Turley, Robert S., 2006. "Partially adaptive robust estimation of regression models and applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 132-143, April.
- Stanley Sclove, 1987. "Application of model-selection criteria to some problems in multivariate analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 333-343, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.