On Allocative Distortions in Problems of Self-Selection
AbstractThis article considers the general structure of self-selection models. By imposing conditions which permit the ordering of agents by their preferences, we provide a characterization of the distortions inherent in the sorting process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The RAND Corporation in its journal RAND Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1984)
Issue (Month): 4 (Winter)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rje.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Epple, Dennis & Platt, Glenn J., 1998. "Equilibrium and Local Redistribution in an Urban Economy when Households Differ in both Preferences and Incomes," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 23-51, January.
- John Cawley & Tomas Philipson, 1997.
"An Empirical Examination of Information Barriers to Trade inInsurance,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
132, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Tomas Philipson & John Cawley, 1999. "An Empirical Examination of Information Barriers to Trade in Insurance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 827-846, September.
- John Cawley & Tomas Philipson, 1996. "An Empirical Examination of Information Barriers to Trade in Insurance," NBER Working Papers 5669, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pascal Courty & Li Hao, 1997.
Economics Working Papers
224, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ida Ferrara & Charles Plourde, 1998.
"Refillable Versus Non-Refillable Containers The Impact Of Regulatory Measures On Packaging Mix And Quality Choices,"
1998_03, York University, Department of Economics.
- Ferrara, Ida & Plourde, Charles, 2003. "Refillable versus non-refillable containers: the impact of regulatory measures on packaging mix and quality choices," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 1-13.
- Thomas J. Miceli, 2003. "Varying Injurer Costs of Care, Negligence, and Self-Selection," Working papers 2003-11, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Miceli Thomas J., 2006.
"On Negligence Rules and Self-Selection,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(3), pages 349-361, October.
- Arce, Daniel G., 2013. "Principals’ preferences for agents with social preferences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 154-163.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.