On Allocative Distortions in Problems of Self-Selection
AbstractThis article considers the general structure of self-selection models. By imposing conditions which permit the ordering of agents by their preferences, we provide a characterization of the distortions inherent in the sorting process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The RAND Corporation in its journal RAND Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1984)
Issue (Month): 4 (Winter)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rje.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Cawley & Tomas Philipson, 1996.
"An Empirical Examination of Information Barriers to Trade in Insurance,"
NBER Working Papers
5669, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tomas Philipson & John Cawley, 1999. "An Empirical Examination of Information Barriers to Trade in Insurance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 827-846, September.
- John Cawley & Tomas Philipson, 1997. "An Empirical Examination of Information Barriers to Trade inInsurance," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 132, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Ferrara, Ida & Plourde, Charles, 2003.
"Refillable versus non-refillable containers: the impact of regulatory measures on packaging mix and quality choices,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 1-13.
- Ida Ferrara & Charles Plourde, 1998. "Refillable Versus Non-Refillable Containers The Impact Of Regulatory Measures On Packaging Mix And Quality Choices," Working Papers 1998_03, York University, Department of Economics.
- Epple, Dennis & Platt, Glenn J., 1998. "Equilibrium and Local Redistribution in an Urban Economy when Households Differ in both Preferences and Incomes," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 23-51, January.
- Thomas J. Miceli, 2003. "Varying Injurer Costs of Care, Negligence, and Self-Selection," Working papers 2003-11, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Miceli Thomas J., 2006.
"On Negligence Rules and Self-Selection,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(3), pages 349-361, October.
- Arce, Daniel G., 2013. "Principals’ preferences for agents with social preferences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 154-163.
- Courty, Pascal & Li, Hao, 2000.
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(4), pages 697-717, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.