A US-EU Economic Block versus China? How Viable is it? A Note
AbstractThe paper provides a brief analysis of commercial relations between China and the US, both direct and via the so-called ‘Asian circuit’. Special emphasis is laid on how production systems in the US and Asia are interdependent. In the light of these relationships and those existing between China and Japan and China and the EU, it seems that a US-EU block, in the context of the present geostrategic and economic situation, is not only unworkable, but also incompatible with the political and economic strategies of China and the United States.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 60 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
International Economic Order; International Relations and International Political Economy; Trade Policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.