The European residents' attitude towards immigrants: A comparative analysis based on the ESS data
AbstractWhat is the attitude of the inhabitants of European countries to their coexistence with immigrants? The present study attempts to answer this question using the data of the fifth wave of the European Social Survey. All the countries in the sample were divided into three groups: the countries which joined the EU before 2004, those which joined the EU after 2004, and non EU countries. It has been shown that the determinants of the attitude of these three groups of people to the issue raised above are often significantly different.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS" in its journal Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 28 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/
immigrants; trust; European countries; linear regression models;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C54 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Quantitative Policy Modeling
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Fertig & Jan Brenner, 2006.
"Identifying the Determinants of Attitudes towards Immigrants - A Structural Cross-Country Analysis,"
RWI Discussion Papers
0047, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Brenner, Jan & Fertig, Michael, 2006. "Identifying the Determinants of Attitudes towards Immigrants: A Structural Cross-Country Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 2306, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Malchow-Møller, Nikolaj & Munch, Jakob R. & Schroll, Sanne & Skaksen, Jan Rose, 2006.
"Attitudes Towards Immigration: Does Economic Self-Interest Matter?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2283, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Malchow-Møller, Nikolaj & Roland Munch, Jakob & Schroll, Sanne & Rose Skaksen, Jan, 2006. "Attitudes Towards Immigration: Does Economic Self-Interest Matter?," Working Papers 11-2006, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.