Inconsistent Implementation of the New Regional Policy
AbstractIn this paper I argue that the degree of consistency in implementation of the new regional policy has been poor, and could be listed among the causes of the scant economic effects of the Patti territoriali and Contratti di programma. It is argued that future policies to enhance education in the Southern regions may also be subject to such shortcomings in implementation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Associazione Rossi Doria in its journal QA.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Regional policy; Southern Italy; Education policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Domenico Scalera & Alberto Zazzaro, 2003. "‘New’ Regional Policies of the EU and the Italian Experience," Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 6(1-2), pages 17-28, May - Nov.
- Tito Bianchi & Guido Pellegrini & Mauro Masselli, 2008. "L'efficacia economico-sociale dei Contratti di Programma. I risultati di una ricerca valutativa," RIVISTA DI ECONOMIA E STATISTICA DEL TERRITORIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2008(3), pages 5-27.
- Massimo Florio & Anna Giunta, 2001.
"L'esperienza dei contratti di programma: una valutazione a metà percorso,"
Departmental Working Papers
2001-12, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Giunta Anna & Florio Massimo, 2002. "L'esperienza dei contratti di programma: una valutazione a metà percorso," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 359-396.
- M. De Paola & V. Scoppa, 2007. "Returns to skills, incentives to study and optimal educational standards," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 92(3), pages 229-262, December.
- Marianna Mantuano & Anna Giunta, 2008. "Incentivi pubblici ai consorzi di imprese: valutazione del Contratto di Programma UniCa," RIVISTA DI ECONOMIA E STATISTICA DEL TERRITORIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2008(3), pages 49-68.
- Giannola A., 2000. "La nuova programmazione. Evoluzione e restaurazione," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 747-768.
- Cersosimo Domenico & Wolleb Guglielmo, 2001. "Politiche pubbliche e contesti istituzionali. Una ricerca sui patti territoriali," Stato e mercato, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 369-412.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.