Districts and Industrial Policies. What We Can Learn from Sebastiano Brusco
AbstractThis paper discusses two fundamental concepts of industrial policy developed by Sebastiano Brusco: the role of real services to support systems of firms, and the promotion of widespread changes at the level of knowledge, competences and social relations. With respect to the former consideration, the industrial district is a key policy target per se, with respect to the latter, a model for innovative policy design. Finally, with the possibility of "district planning contracts" the industrial districts can take on active roles in national development policy for Southern Italy. This conceptual shift reflects some of the changes in the research paradigm and policy framework over the last decade.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Associazione Rossi Doria in its journal QA.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Industrial districts; Local development policy; Real services;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alberto Rinaldi, 2005.
"The Emilian Model Revisited: Twenty Years After,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 244-266.
- Tito Bianchi & Guido Pellegrini & Mauro Masselli, 2008. "L'efficacia economico-sociale dei Contratti di Programma. I risultati di una ricerca valutativa," RIVISTA DI ECONOMIA E STATISTICA DEL TERRITORIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2008(3), pages 5-27.
- Russo, Margherita, 1996. "Units of investigation for local economic development policies," MPRA Paper 2016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giunta Anna & Florio Massimo, 2002.
"L'esperienza dei contratti di programma: una valutazione a metà percorso,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 359-396.
- Massimo Florio & Anna Giunta, 2001. "L'esperienza dei contratti di programma: una valutazione a metà percorso," Departmental Working Papers 2001-12, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.