Obtaining international results through partnerships: evidence from Russian MNEs in the IT sector
AbstractThe paper discusses the internationalisation specifics and results of Russian MNEs in the IT sector. The strategies of these firms are focused more on the acquisition of customers than of technologies when expanding abroad. As the technological sophistication of Russian companies and foreign firms in the high-tech sector is about equal (if compared to natural resource-based enterprises), our findings indicate that partnership-oriented strategy provides Russian firms with a better chance of obtaining positive results when expanding abroad. IT companies from Russia are relatively less influenced by their home government, being shaped more by economic than political factors in their international expansion Hence, we argue that they seem to be more marketing-oriented in their international expansion than their natural resource-based counterparts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Journal of East European Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 19 (2014)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.